Friday, October 5, 2012

A Nighthawk's flight east

To make our 29th year a more memorable one, we decided to go on a trip out East to the Cabot Trail & back... on our little Nighthawk motorcycle we bought in July. I was "allowed" to bring my cameras, which is a big deal, when you're trying to keep your baggage load to under a certain minimal weight & you're planning on camping as well. But yes, my camera had a place on honour in the tank bag, and hence I am able to give you a small taste of our fantastic journey.

- The bike doesn't look so small here, eh?
- Take from one of the lookouts on the Cabot Trail. The views are spectacular!

- Inside a church in Quebec, but it gave me more of a feel of the Maritimes
- In Lunnenberg, the home of the Bluenose
- The Hopewell Rocks, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick



- on Cape Breton Island


- in New Brunswick
- the site of the "Battle of the Windmill" (yes the lighthouse is a converted windmill), a few km east of Prescott, Ontario

2 comments:

  1. ...that boat looks familiar (I took this photo back in 2009: http://jmphotos.smugmug.com/photos/i-3Sr8QNC/0/XL/i-3Sr8QNC-XL.jpg). Great photos, by the way, must have been amazing to bike the trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! That IS funny! Yeah, this spot with the boats was one of my favorites on the trail. I wouldn't mind having one in my yard. :)

      Delete